Scooters and Powerchairs
Effective January 1st, 2021
The following warranty is granted only to the INITIAL consumer who has purchased our product, and commences on the Date of Purchase by the Consumer from an Authorised Dealer, by Scooters Australia Pty Ltd. Any warranty claim must be made in the first instance to the Authorised Dealer from whom the product was purchased, and must be taken to the Authorised Dealer for such claims. If the product is not taken to the Authorised Dealer a call-out fee may be payable.
This warranty covers the following products:
- Monarch Buzz GE106/116/146
- Monarch Zener
- Monarch Tesla
- Monarch GC 340/440
- Monarch Volta
- Monarch GP600-650 Powerchair.
- Monarch Prowler
- Monarch Royale 3 & 4
- Freerider 510DX, FR1
- Luggie – all models
Three Year Warranty
For the period of three years, from the date of purchase from the Authorised Dealer, in the event of defective materials or workmanship, Scooters Australia Pty Ltd will repair or replace at our option any of the following components found to be defective by an authorised Scooters Australia representative:
- Steel Frame
- Frame Welds
- Tiller Frame
- Front Fork
- Seat Post
Eighteen Month Warranty
For the period of eighteen months, from the date of purchase from the Authorised Dealer, in the event of defective materials or workmanship, Scooters Australia Pty Ltd will repair or replace at our option any of the following components found to be defective by an authorised Scooters Australia representative:
- Motor / Brake (electrical function only)
- Wire Harness(es)
Note: An increase in operating noise of the transaxle/motor DOES NOT constitute a defect or major fault. With normal wear and tear, operating noise is expected to increase.
One Year Warranty
For the period of one year, from the date of purchase from the Authorised Dealer, in the event of defective materials or workmanship, Scooters Australia Pty Ltd will repair or replace at our option any of the following components found to be defective by an authorised Scooters Australia representative:
- Dash Assembly
- Battery Charger
- Potentiometer Assembly
- Electronic Controller
- Seat Swivel Mechanism
- Rubber Components, excluding tyres
- Plastic Components, excluding body
- Armrests, excluding pads
Note: While charging batteries it is normal for the battery charger to heat up. Heat coming from the battery charger DOES NOT constitute a defect.
NOTE: Items not listed above are not covered for repair under this warranty.
Scooters Australia does not provide warranty on any of the following items which may require replacement due to the normal wear and tear of day to day usage:
- Tyres and Tubes
- Plastic Shrouds
- Motor Brushes
- Bulbs / Fuses
- Brake pads
- Armrest pads
This warranty also excludes the following:
- Batteries (Please consult battery manufacturer for any implied warranty)
- Loss or theft of components
- Damage caused by:
- Battery fluid spillage or leakage
- Abuse, misuse, accident or negligence
- Improper operation, maintenance or storage
- Commercial use or use other than normal
- Repairs and / or modifications made to any part without specific written consent of Scooters Australia
- Exceeding the specified weight capacity of the unit
- Accessories other than those supplied or approved by Scooters Australia
- Failure to adhere to the product instructions contained in the Owner’s Manual
- Acts of Nature, such as lightning strikes, etc
- Circumstances beyond the control of Scooters Australia
- Call out fees or freight costs if the product is not returned to the authorised dealer.
- ANY PARTS ALTERED OR REPAIRED BY UNAUTHORISED PERSONS.
There is no other express warranty.
Implied warranties, including those of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are excluded. Liabilities for consequential damages are excluded. This warranty gives you specific rights and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state.
How to get Warranty Service
Warranty service must be performed by an authorised Scooters Australia representative. Scooters Australia reserves the right to replace warranted parts with refurbished or new parts at our discretion. All service calls, call-out fees, transportation costs or any other charges associated with any warranty repairs are the responsibility of the consumer, including returns to any on-line reseller from whom the product was purchased. Warranty is for the replacement of the part only and does not include freight for the replacement parts. Consumers are not to return any item to Scooters Australia without prior written authorisation. Any damages incurred while warranted parts are in transport are the sole responsibility of the consumer. To receive Warranty Service:
- Contact the Authorised Dealer from whom you purchased the product.
- Arrange to either deliver the product to the Dealer or to have the Dealer call out to inspect the product. Such call-out may attract a fee – contact your dealer for details.
- When the service is complete, either pick up the product from the Dealer or pay for it to be delivered to you.
Warranty Terms and Conditions
Any sale of product by Scooters Australia is subject to and conditional upon its general trading terms and conditions. In the event of any inconsistency between those terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, then the terms of this Warranty shall prevail.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Importer: Scooters Australia Pty Ltd,
- Address: 4/355 South Gippsland Hwy, DANDENONG, Vic 3175.
- Phone: 03 9799 6622
- Website: www.scootersaus.com.au
- Email: email@example.com